Current road lighting solutions are well behind modern technological possibilities. Meltron has a new approach to road- and street lighting with the MRSLS, a system that uses advanced optics and LED solid-state lighting to the improve efficiency and safety on the world’s roads. Optics accuracy, efficiency and control with our solutions in the MRSLS leads to increased lighting quality, which again improves visibility and safety.
The Meltron Road & Street Lighting System provides ultimate safety for commuters and pedestrians on roadways. Strong, lightweight design, with advanced optics provide bright, uniform, and efficient lighting with fewer units, only 16 high-power LEDs in total, and the ability to adapt to changing weather conditions.
The MRSLS is optimized and integrated solution based on ground-up thinking, literally. We started with the viewpoint of the driver and calculated the optimal light distribution for maximum visibility and road lighting performance. Meltron’s approach and advanced optics also allow for fewer lights to evenly cover the same lengths of road.
The Meltron Road & Street Lighting System light source unit and it’s specialized and patented Diffractive Nano-Optics (DO) are the key to the excellent lighting flexibility and coverage provided by the MRSLS. Our DO nano-optics are highly advanced. Manufacturing tolerances of traditional lens solutions are 1000 times less accurate than Meltron’s patented nano optics.
By utilizing extremely precise and unique Diffractive Optics (DO) nano-structures, MRSLS provides excellent lighting flexibility and superior lighting quality while reducing overall costs, and significantly improving the reliability, energy efficiency, and lifetime of road and street lighting.
Lightweight and strong
MRSLS has an extremely rigid enclosure for high wind speeds. The extruded aluminium body, with a carefully selected emitting surface, provides optimised thermal management for significantly improved LED lifetime.
Smart control-ready, MRSLS can adapt to real time conditions, with 4 individually controlled light source units per luminaire, thus providing the best illumination parameters and energy usage at all times.
MRSLS can be used with varying pole lengths and distances, due to 4 individually controlled light source units. On new installations, the amount of poles can be minimised, and on retro-fit projects, the luminous distribution can be optimised into the existing pole geometry.
MRSLS allows extended pole distances, shorter poles, and reduced energy usage, compared to traditional street lights, due to the superior quality of MRSLS‘ accurate and dynamic luminous distribution.
MRSLS offers a durable and lightweight aluminium enclosure, screwless construction, and easily replaceable light source units. All electronics, except the LEDs, are placed down inside the pole for easy, rapid and cost effective driver and control unit installation, and maintenance. The light source units are pressure-washable.
Energy and operation cost savings are gained due to advanced technologies in many vital areas:
- System simplicity
- Minimal Components
- Long pole distances from short poles
- Four (4) DO light source units with IP67 ingress protection, and extremely low thermal resistance
- Enclosed design, supporting optical and thermal design, added advantage of superb thermal radiation cooling
- Multi-channel driver (all electronics, except for LEDs) placed down in pole for significant reductions in maintenance cost
- System modularity, same lighting system suitable for one- and two-way road lighting, tunnel lighting, pedestrian lighting etc. Light source units designed to cover both luminance and illuminance-based situations.
- Reliability and robustness through extensive simulations and measurements
- Connectivity with IP67-rated quick connectors
- Designed for 0ne-way, two-way, cities, highways, tunnels, and pedestrian roads, streets, and pathways
- Easy installation and maintenance
- System simplicity and reliability
- High maintenance factor (0.7 -> 0.85)
- Patent pending
- Road lighting classes ME5 to ME3c
- Power levels between 20-180W
- Luminous efficacies between 100 and 150 lm/W
- Color temperatures between 4000 K (2700 – 6500K available)
- CRI between 70 and 90
- Low lumen depreciation
- Less over-driving